23 March 2016
Treatment and cleaning of floors: 3 tips to protect it
Il cotto è un materiale di grande pregio. Ma bisogna difenderlo per farlo durare
Once the cotto was a little material value. Resistant, with excellent insulating properties and manufactured with high quality materials easy to find, cotto was perfect for the workplace of the patrician houses. Today, terracotta became a valuable material. It is used in kitchens, where the warm colours give a warm impression. In the gardens create a contrast with the green of the vegetation. However stain the cotto a joke: how many times you were appalled after he knocked over a glass of wine on cooked? Quiet: with the right products, you can remove any type of stain from terracotta. In this post we explain why the cotto will stain easily, what products you choose to clean it, and how to defend it from attack.
Advice 1: knowing the surface
To defend the quarry floor tiles it is necessary to understand why stains are formed. As you can tell from the name, terracotta pottery, is a mixture of clay and water, molded, Sun-dried and baked in an oven to hundreds of degrees. This process produces a porous material and so absorbent. The cooked one of porous building materials pi that there are and acts like a sponge, absorbing any substance with which it comes into contact. This feature esponde to different types of attacks: moisture, moulds and lichens, oil, grease, paint are the most common.
Advice 2: treat each stain with a specific product
If you ask the grandmother, surely a Board for avr eliminate grease stains from terracotta. But are you sure that following his advice don’t you’ll spot even more the floor and how to remove spots of motor oil or spray paint traces on wall each has a different chemical composition must be addressed with product also make sure you don’t make matters worse you must choose a product designed for absorbent materials let us look at some types of stains and what products clear them:
- Grease or carbon black: your ultimate garden barbecue stained the floor of fat? Don’t worry just use a degreasing cleaner. Even better if thickened for use on vertical surfaces.
- Mould, Lichen, urine and other organic substance: various kinds of biomaterials can penetrate in terracotta or travarvi a perfect breeding ground. Use a cleaner stain remover for Biofouling to remove stains caused by organic substances.
- Splashes of mineral oil, glue or wax: your car has lost engine oil and stained the brick floor of the garage. In this case apply a solvent cleaner stain remover for mineral oils, glues & waxes.
- Coffee stains, wine, water: in the kitchen cooked a must. However here running the greatest dangers: just a glass upside down to get a nasty stain on the floor. To remove stains of substances in the kitchen need a stain remover for coloured organic substances.
- Graffiti and paint stains: someone had to leave his mark on the lining of the wall of your garden. Don’t worry a stain remover for ink and paint corrects this problem.
Board 3: protect baked with regular treatment
Now the floors clean and shiny as the first day. But in order to remain in this State must submit to treatment and regular cleaning. If you have not done so at the time of installation, you will need to treat the brick with a waterproofing product. The product will protect the surface with a thin waterproof film and sigiller the pores preventing substances from penetrating the floor. The treatment must be repeated annually because the wear and time consuming the surface layer. Are there any Quick treatments capable of ensuring in a few hours the waterproof to oils and moisture and prevent the growth of molds, mosses and lichens of various types. In this video you will see the difference in absorption between a floor treated and one untreated:
Remember: a treatment performed well and with regularity to last a long time your floors!